GSURC Student Planning Committee
2020 GSURC Student Planning Committee COMING SOON!
2019 GSURC Student Planning Committee
|Noah Yasarturk, Committee Chair||Neuroscience|
|Dante Jackson||Counseling & Testing Center|
|Kali Marie Malham||Neuroscience|
|Estera Maxim||Biomedical Sciences|
|Lexie Newhouse||Media Entrepreneurship|
|Kavin Phan||Computer Science|
|Ausar Simmonds||Computer Science|
|Christin Tran||World Languages and Cultures|
|Rasika Vuppala||Managerial Sciences & CIS|
|Lynda Waku Kouomou||Biochemistry|
|Alexis Weathers||Multicultural Center|
|Karra Doriann Williams||Biology|
The Honors College and the Georgia State Undergraduate Research Conference (GSURC), invites applications for student representatives to serve on the GSURC Planning Committee for the Spring Semester. Selected students will be notified of their acceptance in the fall and will serve their term November through May.
GSURC is an interdisciplinary undergraduate research conference which highlights and recognizes the research taking place across Georgia State’s campus. We are seeking at least one undergraduate representative to serve on our GSURC Student Planning Committee board from each of the following colleges:
- Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
- Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing and Health Professions
- College of the Arts
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Education
- J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Students who assume a role on the committee will gain valuable leadership experience in conference/event planning, public relations, recruitment, and assessment. Additionally, these student leaders will engage regularly with Honors College staff and University Faculty members.
Responsibilities of GSURC Planning Committee include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with recruiting students for participating in GSURC
- Assist with publicizing GSURC to campus departments, colleges and constituents
- Serve as an ambassador for the conference, attending applicable GSURC information sessions when possible
- Attend bi-weekly planning committee meetings Jan-Feb and weekly meetings beginning mid-March
- Interacting with faculty and staff on the GSURC Advisory Board
- Preparing conference materials such as registrations, nametags, signage, etc.
- Assist with post-conference debriefing activities
- Support the Honors College Events Coordinator with on-site logistics at GSURC
- Serve as presentation moderators, guides, and/or check-in staff
Questions about how to get involved as a GSURC 2020 volunteer or as a future Student Planning Committee member? Contact Honors College Faculty Associate for GSURC, Amy Reber, at email@example.com.